RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Amman International Film Festival – Awal Film (AIFF) requires all submitted films to be Jordanian premiere. Films previously screened in Jordan are not eligible.
- Films that are available in Jordan on any VOD, online platforms, TV, or any other similar media as well as films that are available for purchase also not eligible.
- Only film owners and/or their official distribution organisations are eligible to submit films to the festival.
- Film owners are defined as the principal producer, authorised distributor, or any person who owns the rights to the film.
- For the second edition of the AIFF, only films that were released in 2020 or 2021 are accepted for submission.
- The AIFF considers any narrative film over 60 minutes as feature-length.
- The AIFF considers any documentary film over 52 minutes as feature-length.
- The maximum duration for a short film is 25 minutes.
- The final selection of all films and their placement in the program are the responsibility of the Festival.
- The AIFF reserves the right to decide eligibility.
- All films must be in their original language. If not in English, the film must be subtitled in English.
- Submitted films must meet the conditions mentioned above, in addition to the specific selection criteria as described per section.
- This section is open to feature-length films (all genres) from all over the world, as long as they are directed by Non-Arab first-timers.
- Short films are not eligible for this section.