An incubator that supports artistic and creative development, AFID hosts seminars, workshops and talks with industry professionals which tackle challenging areas of the filmmaking process that Jordanian and Arab filmmakers face today in addition to sharing journeys and experiences by experts in the field.
Furthermore, Amman Film Industry Days showcases up-and-coming voices from Jordan and the Arab World through its two pitching platforms for feature length film projects*; one for Jordanian and Arab resident filmmakers in Jordan whose projects are in development; the other for Arab filmmakers whose projects are in post-production. Selected participants share their stories and pitch their film projects to an independent jury and to industry professionals, where support is awarded to the best projects/pitches to help bring their films to completion.
The Amman Film Industry Days program for its 1st edition (2020) included the following workshops and activities:
- Showrunner TV Workshop
- Film Financing & Distribution Session
- Copyrights and Entertainment Law in Film Session
- Introduction to International Co-Production Session
- Sustainable Production Workshop
- And the AFID pitching platforms which showcased an exciting line-up of 14 projects in development and in post-production from Jordan and the Arab World.